Thursday, August 2, 2018

Speeches

The Tamariki of the mighty Ruma Rua have been assiduously working away to complete their oratorial masterpieces. I've been guiding and modelling as they've progressed, but also want to let them have ownership of how they go about putting their speech together so that they produce something that is genuinely theirs and that they can be proud of. I've shown them how to craft an effective introduction and talked about how to put facts into their own words. The main thing I've focussed on is putting personality into their speeches. Using exciting words and putting a little humorous comment in after every fact are two things that I've modelled and encouraged. As we only have one week left, I respectfully encourage you to ask your child to read you their speech and give them some feedback. Year 4's need to have a 2.30 - 3 minute long speech, Year 5's need 3 - 4 minutes.

Rock On,

Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment