Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Weel 9 Update

Kia Ora All,

The end of the term is coming up fast. It's been a jam packed exciting one - here are a few more things to watch out for.
  • We'll be finishing off the term with the students doing a little project on a topic of choice. They can research online and using books from the school library. If your child has chosen a topic they have lots of books about at home, they are welcome to bring them along too. Could you please have a chat to your child to see what topic they've chosen and whether or not you have any books they might find useful? Home research is also encouraged.
  • Science Fair is in week 10. I'm planning on having a couple of projects for the kids to show off completed by then. We'll also be doing a family stomp rocket challenge on the day so it should be pretty fun (and competitive). 
  • I've been doing a push on the learning of spelling words recently. If spelling isn't a regular component of your homework programme, then might I respectfully suggest that it could be. 
  • I was very impressed with Room 2's ukulele rendition of Proud Mary at assembly the other day. I had a lot of feedback about how well they did. It's great to have such a lively and enthusiastic bunch of performers in the room.
  • As far as I know, every child's character portrait has been published in the newsletter recently. I've been aiming to have 3 or 4 pieces in every week for the last few weeks. If I have missed your child out, please let me know and I'll make sure it's included soon.
Rock on,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment