Sunday, February 5, 2017

Welcome to week 2

Kia Ora All,

Welcome to week two, I hope everyone has had a great long weekend and the students are reading to rock 'n' roll for another week. Here is a heads up for the coming week.
  • The school BBQ is Friday evening, it would be great to meet/see you there if you can make it.
  • If you haven't returned your child's camp permission slip to me, could you please do so this week. 
  • I'll be kicking into more of my reading programme this week. An important part of becoming an excellent reader is having enjoyable reading material on the go at all times. Please ask your child what novel they are reading at present. If they don't have one on the go, I'd encourage you to help them choose one at the town library, school library or similar. I did a quick whip around during Get Lost (silent reading time, meaning: get lost in a book) - only about half the class had a novel on the go so it would be great if you could check in with them to see what they're reading.
  • We'll be continuing our inquiry about slaters. This week we'll hopefully be setting up a slater habitat. Wish us (and the slaters) luck!
  • We've started using Maths Buddy in class, below is a short video I made about how to use it. I'll be adding more videos throughout the year. You can find these under the Rewindable Learning tab on the learning site.

Rock On,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment