Saturday, February 11, 2017

Welcome to Week 3

Kia Ora All,

It's week 3 already and the mighty Room 5 is plowing on like a giant unstoppable learning juggernaut.
  • It was great to see so many students and parents at the BBQ on Friday, don't forget meet the teacher evening is on Tuesday. If you'd like to pop along to get a rundown about the class programme, it'd be great to see you there. 
  • Maths Buddy has been up and running for a couple of weeks now. The students all have logins. I've noticed that many of them haven't logged in at home yet. If you participate in home learning, I recommend getting them to bring home their login and checking it out. You can find a short instructional video that I made here on the learning site.
  • If your child isn't able to swim or do fitness due to injury or similar, could you please send along a note or send me an email to let me know that they need to be excused from the fitness programme.
  • Last week I helped the students create a password for their school Google accounts (we're still in the process of signing everyone in). I showed them the below video about the importance of having a strong password and how to create one. I strongly feel that keeping ourselves safe online is an essential skill in this day and age. Viewing this video with your child and having a conversation about what sites they enter passwords into and games they've created profiles for online may be something you'd like to consider.

Rock On,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment