Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Week 8 Update of Greatness

Kia Ora Koutou Katoa,

We had a huge week last week with triathlon training, general reading writing and maths learning and also cracking on with our inquiry. Speaking of which, the students made some videos of themselves talking about what we learnt about whales this week. The idea was to put together a little sketch with one student pretending to be a reporter and the other pretending to be a whale expert. We used an app called Screencastify on the Chromebooks, which was new to most of the class. We'll be doing more of these as the year progresses. Feel free to leave a comment talking about what you enjoyed about the videos and a suggestion about how we could make them BTB (better than before) next time.

In other news:

  • I'm on the lookout for dress ups that the students can use for plays, making videos etc. Anything you have that you could donate to a class dress up box would be much appreciated.
  • I'm also on the lookout for old t-shirts that we could cut up. I've got a project in mind that requires t-shirts that are ready to be repurposed, but clean (i.e., not rag-grade). Any donations gratefully received. 
  • Triathlon on Friday!
Rock On,
Mr M


4 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,
    The videos are fantastic - I loved all seven!
    I can supply old t-shirts.
    See you Tuesday.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tom,
    I like our videos
    lochie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed doing the dlo's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Ryan and Aonghus's it was very funny. The names were awesome.

    ReplyDelete