Monday, June 3, 2019

Week 6 update

Tena Koutou Katoa,

I hope you all had a great long weekend and are feeling relaxed and ready for the second half of the term. Here's a few things to look out for.

  • I know I emailed about prepping your child with a special person to write about a week or so back, but I've had to put that on the back burner as speeches made a surprise attack on me. Could you please chat to your child about a speech topic they might like to write about? It should be something they are interested in and could do some research on. I prefer if students write about a topic they haven't used in previous years as it's a bit more fun for them to try out different topics.
  • I have days out of the classroom booked on Wednesday and Thursday to get some testing done and Mr Cullen will be in the driving seat. I've asked him to make a start on speeches, so it would be great if you and your child could have decided on a topic by Wednesday. 
  • Please make sure your child has shoes at school daily. The students really value their morning fitness sessions and recently I've had some students standing off to the side because they don't have appropriate footwear for cooler mornings. Shoes or gumboots are fine. We have also been doing cross country training and shoes are necessary for that too.
Rock on,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment