Monday, February 10, 2020

Welcome to 2020 in Room 2

Tena Koutou Katoa,

I hope everyone is still feeling refreshed and relaxed after an excellent summer holiday. My family and I had a great break mostly staying around the Bay, but we also spent time on the West Coast and in Christchurch with grandparents. Here is a quick breakdown of what's coming up over the next couple of weeks as school swings back into gear:

  • On Thursday the school is heading out to Wainui to check our planting site on the Wainui Sandspit. The recent hot weather and lack of rain has stressed the trees that we planted last year, so we're planning to take some water out to try to help them out. Children will need sunscreen, hats, togs, shoes, lunch etc for the day. 
  • The other very important item we need is bottles to carry water in for the trees. We will be taking water from the carpark to the sandspit by hand. I reckon bottles with handles such as milk bottles would be ideal.
  • The class newsletter will be going out on Friday. It will have information about what's coming up this term in Room 2 in terms of class programme.
  • I haven't organised homework for this week. I anticipate kicking that off next week. I'll include information about that in the class newsletter.
  • Next Thursday we are planning a meet the teacher evening and school picnic. More information will be in the school newsletter shortly.
  • As always feel free to contact me with questions etc.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the first few of days with this bunch of kids and am looking forward to an eventful and fun year. Below are some photos of the students in action doing some self portrait art, which will be up on the walls shortly.

Rock On,

Mr M















No comments:

Post a Comment