Sunday, April 5, 2020

Week 2 of the Holidays

Kia Ora All,

I hope you're all doing well and are making the most of this enforced time at home. I've been continuing my gardening odyssey as well as spending some good quality time with the family. The other night we camped out in the back yard and cooked dinner out there too. I've also been playing a bit of guitar again: learning some new songs and dusting off some old ones.

  • Well done to Thomas and Dayananda - they both finished all the Maths Buddy tasks I set last week. 
  • Finn has been doing some inquiry learning into prehistoric animals. He studies all this in a brilliant reference book DK Dinosaurs, a Children's Encyclopedia (but covering all prehistoric life), he received at last xmas as well as Youtube.  Here is his depiction of the evolution of marine mammals. 

  • Dayananda has been going hard with the work I set about the Island. Below is his postcard, list, map and mythical creature. 

We're gearing up for online learning when term 2 kicks into gear (Wed the 15th). I'll be in touch as I figure out a plan of action.

Rock On,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment