Sunday, April 26, 2020

What's On This Week?

Kia Ora All,

I hope you've all had excellent weekends and you're keeping warm - we've got the fire on today. Here's a heads up about what's coming up this week.

  • Zoom session at Monday 1.00pm, Wednesday 11.00am and Friday 11.00am.
  • Maths Buddy tasks have only been set for those who finished all tasks last week. I don't want to set lots of tasks that build up for kids who aren't completing them. Let me know if your child runs out of tasks, or is having trouble completing them, and I'll take a look. I check results once a week. 
  • Reading for this week is working on Sunshine Books. You can log in and read the stories, write a short summary, answer questions and read the book aloud. I am able to hear the recording of the reading and check the written summary and accuracy of the quiz. I highly recommend giving Sunshine Online a crack. If your child has finished the work from last week I'll set some more books today. 
  • Please send the recipe to me this week if possible. 
  • If you've finished the recipe and typed it up, either draw a high quality illustration of the food or make the dish and photograph it. Send the picture through with your recipe. 
  • On Wednesday I'll send out a design brief for the cover of the cookbook. 
  • If you're after more writing tasks, feel free to write another recipe or another six sentence story. Keeping a diary is also really fun. Alternatively, writing comics or any sort of free writing is highly encouraged. Any writing that your child enjoys is an excellent use of time in my opinion.
Rock On,
Mr M


No comments:

Post a Comment