Saturday, July 29, 2017

Welcome to Week 2

Kia Ora Koutou Katoa,

Week one fairly flew by, here is a heads up about the coming week.

  • Speeches are on the go. Feel free to work on them at home as part of home learning. In order for you to link in with what we're doing in class, here is my example introduction and success criteria. It isn't going to work for every speech topic, and of course is possible to improve upon, but it does provide a decent framework for getting a workable introduction going.
My Example: 
Are you ready to rock? Hi I’m Mr M and I’m here to tell you all about the greatest musical instrument in the world: the electric guitar! Why would you listen to my speech you might ask? Well you like music, right? Right! So I’m going to give you lots of information about the coolest instrument in the world - that’s pretty neat. I started playing the guitar when I was about 7. That gives me 27 years experience playing the instrument. I’ve played in tons of bands and even recorded several albums, and I enjoyed every minute of it! I’m going to tell you what an electric guitar is, how to get started playing the guitar and what you can do if you get really good.

Success Criteria: 

  • You have a greeting / attention getter
  • You have a one sentence summary talking about what your speech is about.
  • Talk about the benefit for the audience of hearing your speech.
  • Establish your credibility.
  • Give a brief overview of the things you’re going to cover.

In other news:
  • Maths Buddy tasks are set for this week.
  • Spelling notebooks back tomorrow please.
  • Below is a video on fractions which will give you an idea of what we've started the term with in maths. Let me know if it's of use to you...

Rock On,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment