Saturday, March 4, 2017

Welcome To Week 6

Kia Ora All,

It's week 6 already, I can't believe how quickly the term is flying by!
  • This week we're starting Add / Sub in maths. This means I'll be taking groups and looking at some strategies for adding and subtracting numbers.
  • While home learning is totally optional, it is vital that your child reads at home every day. I spoke to a number of students last week who don't have reading material on the go at home presently. Please have a conversation with your child about what they are reading and make sure they have a novel or similar. Also, reading to your child is highly recommended.
  • Only one student actually showed me their homework checklist from last week. It was a bit of a squeeze to get everything done on Friday; if your child did participate in home learning and forgot to show me, get them to show me sometime this week. 
  • The below video is a piece of rewindable learning (lessons that can be revisited) around a maths concept we'll be looking at this week. I recommend viewing the video with your child and doing some examples together at home. Apologies for the budget camera work!
Rock on,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment