The Rules Are Simple
- The lyrics must be about Motupipi School and reflect the positive nature of the school and unique environment here.
- The lyrics must include the school values: Believe in yourself, be caring, take the challenge, succeed.
- The lyrics should include other things such as our motto: Making A Difference Together and generally paint a picture about how awesome this school is.
- You may have to be prepared for suggestions about to make your lyrics BTB (Better Than Before) before we record if you win.
- We will take the best bits of your submitted lyrics and make them into a final superlative school anthem of greatness.
- Lyrics must be submitted to me by Friday the 29th of September 2017 by 2.48pm - in a digital format.
Mr M's Tips For Songwriters
- Check out my lyrics. You are welcome to keep any parts that you really like if you wish. Personally I can't see how you can make the chorus do a better job of making it clear that the song is about Motupipi School, so personally I would consider keeping this in your version. It's up to you though.
- Sing along with the backing track as you write your lyrics. Your lyrics must fit in with the melody of the song. See me if you don't understand what I mean by that.
- Have fun, music is awesome
What's It For?What will we do with your lyrics you may ask? Well, I plan to record some of the talented singers at Motupipi singing the final song and we'll put their vocals with the backing track. In term four we'll make a music video that includes the whole school and share it with the world!
Motupipi Anthem Demo with Mr M's Sample Lyrics
Motupipi Anthem Backing Track with Melody